Established Kite School in Kenya needs Instructor for July
JULY - OCT 2013 KITE INSTRUCTOR POSITION
Our Kite School is part of a well known beach boutique property called Che Shale (www.cheshale.com); set in the midst of a stunning lush location with coconut trees, palm trees, sand dunes and traditional small fishing villages.
You will find our spot quiet, chilled and unlike other kite spots, you won’t be fighting for space with the crowds on the water – making kiting and learning so much safer and more fun!
Che Shale was the first school to open in East Africa 11 years ago and we are credited with having introduced the sport to East Africa.
Make sure you visit our website and Google us and read what clients have to say about us.
Our seasons are as follows:
End of December – End of April: Good wind that blows in afternoon (no waves). Hotel is quite busy
May + June: we are closed, this is the rainy season on the Kenya coast.
July – Mid October: Strong wind all day. Great waveriding. Kite MASTERS competition from August 16 - 18, 2013. Hotel is very busy
November to End of December: Very little wind. Other activities: SUP, Kayak and Deep sea fishing. Hotel is reasonably busy with some downtime
We are looking for someone to replace our head kite instructor/school supervisor who was with us 9 seasons but has now moved on as he has started a family. We need someone with not only teaching experience but with also maturity to be able to supervise the day-to-day running of the kite school.
We are looking for an instructor who can be with us from early or mid JULY through mid October.
• Supervise other local instructors (3 Kenyan instructors who have been here 3 to 6 years) who are quite self-sufficient as it
• Teach students (most students are staying at the hotel or come from the other hotels in Malindi)
• Look after equipment (we ride BEST), kites, SUPs and Kayaks
• Lead staff and client briefings at beginning of the day
• Make sure all paperwork is filled out properly (course progress, release forms) and filed
• Interact with clients and help us “entertain” at the bar and in the restaurant in the evenings (this is fun and convivial…hardly a job duty!)
• Promote other water sports during the no-wind season/days
• Supervise maintenance of rescue boat and fishing equipment
*Diploma with IKO or BKSA or other accredited organization
*Min 3 yrs teaching experience
*English fluent (other languages a plus: French, German and Italian are most useful)
*Positive and energetic individual
*Team player and great people skills
What we offer:
*Accommodation on the premises
*3 meals per day + water (our food has great reputation, think great seafood, yummy bbq and fresh tropical fruits by the truckload!)
*50% off your drinks at the bar
*Fixed salary or commission on each course (depends on candidate experience. We are flexible on what type of compensation package we’ll offer).
Established school for 12+ years
Safe learning conditions
Fully staffed with experienced instructors
5 kilometers of deserted beach
Huge bay protected by reef
Sandy bottom, no rocks, no corrals
Warm water all year long
Waves in July + August
Perfect for SUP from Nov - March The wind
Cross-shore and on-shore winds
Wind from 12 to 20 knots 75% of the year
Excellent for learners and experienced riders
Wave riding on high tide
Best kiting from January through end of May and from July through end of September